Governor’s Updated Mask Directive
As per Montana School Board Association Policy Update
County with 4 or more Covid-19 Cases
Roundup School District requires all staff, volunteers, visitors, and students aged five (5) and over to wear a face covering while present in any school building. The School District also requires all staff, volunteers, visitors, and students aged five (5) and over to wear a face covering while present at any outdoor school activity with fifty (50) or more people where physical distancing is not possible or is not observed. Face covering means disposable or reusable masks that cover the nose and mouth or face shields. The School District will provide masks or face shields to students, volunteers, and staff. If a student or staff wears a reusable mask or face shield, the School District expects that the masks be washed on a regular basis to ensure maximum protection. The School District will assist students or staff members who request help washing or replacing a mask.
Students, staff, volunteers, and visitors are not required to wear a mask or face shield under this provision when:
- consuming food or drink;
- engaged in physical activity;
- communicating with someone who is hearing impaired;
- giving a speech, lecture, class presentation, course lesson, or performance when separated by at least six feet of distance from the gathering, class, or audience;
- identifying themselves;
- receiving medical attention; or
- preclude from safely using a face covering due to a medical or developmental condition. The superintendent, building principal, or their designee shall request documentation from a care provider when considering an exception to this provision for medical or developmental reasons. The School District will comply with all applicable disability and discrimination laws when implementing this provision.
Teachers may allow students to remove their masks or face shields if students are seated at their desks in a classroom and six feet of distance is strictly maintained between each of the students. If a teacher is working one on one with a student, both teacher and student must wear a mask or face shield.